XEL International Education

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Need For Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is compulsory for all international students in Australia. It is a mandatory requirement for your visa or to register for your classes. Your XEL counsellor with discuss the health requirement with you as one of the student visa prerequisites. If you need any help with selecting and applying for health insurance in Australia, we’re ready to help.

Government approved student health insurance providers

Government approved student health insurance providers  include:

  •  NIB
  • Australian Health Management (AHM)
  •  Medibank Private
  •  BUPA

Your XEL counsellor will guide you through the different benefits and pricing to help you select cover that suits you. Once you’ve chosen an OSHC provider together, your XEL counsellor will complete the paperwork and you’ll receive your visa verification certificate via email.